Goals from God's Point of View
Questions, I asked myself that really got me thinking!
Our goals, should not be "OUR" goals, but wrapped in God's purpose. You must answer these questions for yourself. Your goals must come from your own heart; not what you think it should be based on someone elses opinion!
I have included some answers God gave me and scriptures to get you started.
Proverbs 25: It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
All scripture is New King James Version unless otherwise noted.
Remember God thinks eternal! Add in God's eyes to the end of every question!
- What does success look like? In God's eyes...
- Never give up, never surrender! Fight the good fight of faith.
- 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Never trying
- The parable of the Talents Matthew 25:14-30
- Deuteronomy 7:12-15 If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the LORD your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your ancestors. 13 He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land—your grain, new wine and olive oil—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you. 14 You will be blessed more than any other people; none of your men or women will be childless, nor will any of your livestock be without young. 15 The LORD will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you.
- Jeremiah 33:6 Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth. 7 And I will cause the captives of Judah and the captives of Israel to return, and will rebuild those places as at the first. 8 I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned and by which they have transgressed against Me. 9 Then it shall be to Me a name of joy, a praise, and an honor before all nations of the earth, who shall hear all the good that I do to them; they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and all the prosperity that I provide for it.'
- Galatians 5:16-18 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
- Deuteronomy 28:1-14
- Psalms 107:35-38 He turns a wilderness into pools of water, And dry land into watersprings. 36 There He makes the hungry dwell, That they may establish a city for a dwelling place, 37 And sow fields and plant vineyards, That they may yield a fruitful harvest. 38 He also blesses them, and they multiply greatly; And He does not let their cattle decrease.
- 2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.
- John 6:27 ESV Do not labor for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal.”
- Psalm 112:5 NIV Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.
- 2 Corinthians 9:6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
- Luke 21:1-4 The Widow’s Two Mites 21 And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, 2 and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites.[a] 3 So He said, “Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all; 4 for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings [b]for God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had.”
- Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- Revelation 3:20 ESV Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
- 3 John 2-3 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth.
- 2 Corinthians 9:7-9 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of [a]necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 9 As it is written: “He has dispersed abroad, He has given to the poor; His righteousness endures forever.”
Armed with your answers to the questions, get organized!
Steps to Purpose
- About Me - My testimony of how God revealed to me my purpose.
- Prayer - Everything begins with prayer.
- Questions - Need more help here are some questions to get you thinking...
- War Binder - Fighting the good fight of faith takes organization.
- The Plan - Next, let's get a plan.
- Planning Binder - Implementing the plan.
- Growing in God - Growing Up in the Lord.
- Discipleship - Teach the Kingdom, share with others.